Thanks to a generous grant, the library now has Apple iMac computers for public use.
iMacs are available at Central Library (2nd floor rotunda, Teen area, and Children’s Room) and the Oshtemo Branch Library during normal open hours.
- Reserve a library public personal computer from your home, office, or mobile device.
- Apple OS X Mountain Lion operating systemsNew!
- High speed Internet access
- Safari, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
- Photo Booth
- —Pages '09 (word processing, writing)
- —Numbers '09 (spreadsheets)
- —Keynote '09 (presentations)
- Microsoft Office for Mac:
- —Word (word processing, writing)
- —Excel (spreadsheets)
- —PowerPoint (presentations)
- —MS Office files are compatible cross-platform (files created on a PC it will work on a Mac and vice-versa).
Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a two hour per day limit for Internet computer usage for KPL cardholders. Limited passes for guest users are also available. Reserve a computer.
Free WiFi Internet access is available at all library locations for patrons and guests with their own devices.
KPL offers basic support by experienced technology interns. (Please note that the interns offer short personal tutorials, not lengthy training sessions)
- Hours vary
- Call 269-553-7801 to learn when an intern will be available.
Interns can help you with a variety of concerns:
- how to set up an email account or send attachments via email
- how to use word processing or print documents
- how to complete online forms or upload a resume
- how to save documents on a flash drive or CD
- how to search for a job or set up social networking
- how to connect to KPL’s wireless network (wifi)