Kalamazoo Public Library now has mobile Hotspots available for borrowing. With a Hotspot you will have free internet access in your car, at home, or anywhere else!
Download the quick start guide »
The Hotspots provide Internet access to smartphones, tablets, and other wireless enabled devices through a cellular network. Service is dependent on the availability of the network where the Hotspot is being used. Up to 10 devices can connect to the Hotspot at one time and will provide you with unlimited internet service.
Who can borrow a hotspot?
- Any resident cardholder 12 years and older.
- Patron must be in good standing with the library.
- Must provide current driver’s license, state ID, passport, school ID or military ID at checkout.
Where do I checkout and return the hotspot?
At the Central Library, the hotspot must be checked out and returned to a staff member at the Reference Desk on the second floor. At Eastwood, Oshtemo, Powell and Washington Square Libraries, the hotspot must be checked out and returned to a staff member at the Circulation Desk. The borrower will be charged $1 if the Hotspot is returned to a book drop.
Please note that the hotspots are housed at the Central Library and must be placed on hold in order to pick them up at Eastwood, Oshtemo, Powell or Washington Square.
How long can I keep the Hotspot?
- The Hotspot checks out for 21 days.
- The Hotspot will be deactivated within 24 hours of the due date.
Can I renew my Hotspot?
Yes, as long as there are no holds.
Can I reserve a Hotspot?
Yes, Hotspots may be reserved online using your library card and must be picked up from the Reference Desk on the second floor of the Central Library, or the Circulation Desk at Eastwood, Oshtemo, Powell or Washington Square Libraries. Search for Wireless Hotspot in the catalog.
What is the cost?
- Library Hotspots are free to check out.
- A late fee of $1 per day is charged. If the Hotspot is not returned within seven days of the due date, the borrower will be held responsible for the total replacement cost, processing fees and fines.
What happens if the Hotspot is lost or damaged?
The borrower will be charged for the Hotspot and/or any accessory not returned or returned damaged.
- Mobile Hotspot Unit: $70
- Power Adapter/Cord: $10
- Case: $20
- Processing Fee: $5
- Total Replacement Cost: $105
Can I connect
multiple devices to the Hotspot?
Up to 10 devices can be connected to the Hotspot.