Mission, Vision, Core Values
Kalamazoo Public Library champions reading, ignites imagination and ensures access to information and ideas.
Kalamazoo Public Library helps create a community where people aspire to learn, engage and thrive.
To advance the library’s mission we value:
- Literacy and life long learning
- Dynamic, responsive and respectful service
- Intellectual freedom and the patron’s right to open access
- A professional and productive workforce
- A workplace characterized by integrity, compassion and respect
- Diversity across all aspects of organizational life
- Collaboration, civic engagement and social responsibility
- Stewardship and innovation
Approved by Kalamazoo Public Library Board of Trustees, September 24, 2007