Print Wirelessly at the Library
To enable wireless printing from your portable computer (sorry, no tablets or smart phones), log in to KPL WiFi via a web browser of your choice and accept the KPL User Agreement. (You must have Administrator rights on your device.) Then follow the steps outlined below:
Install the Print Client
- Choose your current location from the list of links above.
- Choose which operating system your are using (PC or Mac).
- You will then be prompted to download “clientlaucher.exe.” Choose “Save” and download it to your desired location on your system. We recommend the desktop for easy access.
- Once the download has finished, Run the file. (NOTE: You may notice a message that states “The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure...?” Choose to Run the program.)
NOTE: In order to use the wireless printing, you must install the file. The file installs temporary printer drivers on your system and sets our printer as your default printer. Once the program is closed, these drivers will automatically uninstall from your system.
The program may take a few minutes to install. (If nothing happens after several minutes, repeat steps 1 to 4 until the “LPT:One™ Print Client” appears in your task bar.)
NOTE: You may need to disable your firewall and/or anti-virus for the program to function properly.
Print Your Documents
- Once the drivers have been properly installed, you will see a program on your task bar named “LPT:One™ Print Client.” IMPORTANT: You must leave this program running in order to send print jobs to a library printer. If the program is closed you must run the “clientlauncher.exe” file again to access a library printer.
- When you are ready to print, you can tell your project to print like you would at home. Once this is done the “LPT:One™ Print Client” will ask you to create a guest name. At this point you may do one of two things:
Enter your library card number: the program will access any printing funds you have on your card and you may pay that way.
Enter a guest name: If you do not have a library card, or you do not wish to use the funds on your card, you may enter a different guest name. When you are ready to retrieve your prints you must pay at the desk and they will release the print job for you. (At Central Library, please visit the 2nd Floor Reference Desk.)
Please contact the nearest public service desk if you have questions.
Printing cost is 10¢ per page on standard 8½x11 paper (black and white, one-sided only). Pay at the Service Desk or online.