Staff Picks: Books
Staff-recommended reading from the
2013 seemed to be the year of digital services. We added several new ones, including eBooks for Kids just last week.
All of our digital services are described on our website. They include
• eAudiobooks – download online and listen on various devices
• eBooks – available through OverDrive and TumbleBooks; some titles are always available, others can be put on hold
• eBooks for Kids – our newest digital service
• Freegal Music – free and legal access to millions of songs
• Hoopla Digital – borrow digital videos, music and audiobooks
• Rocket Languages – learn a new language at your own pace
• Zinio – subscribe to magazines for your devices
• Databases – we have lots!
These services are free to KPL resident borrowers. Sign-up and download directions are on the website or ask staff for help.
Of course, we still have books, magazines, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs in the more traditional formats…..whatever your preference!
Happy New Year – may it be one of good reading, viewing, and listening for you.
It is the time of year when we all receive many requests for donations from a wide variety of local, regional, and national organizations.
The library does not conduct an annual fundraising campaign nor send out a solicitation request. Our only fundraiser is our annual Great Grown-Up Spelling Bee to raise funds to buy books for distribution through our Ready to Read program.
Of course donations to the library are always welcome and greatly appreciated.
A donation can be designated for a specific collection, such as large print or children’s; a location, such as your neighborhood branch; or a service such as Local History, Teens, or Ready to Read. Undesignated gifts are directed where they are needed most.
And don’t forget our good Friends; your donations of gently used books and audio visual material are always appreciated.
We appreciate if you think of the library when you are considering your year-end giving.
Support the Library