What an event! The 8th annual Great Grown-Up Spelling Bee, a fundraiser for Ready to Read, was held this week. The fun and funds raised just keep growing. Over $35,000 was raised at this year's event...a new record!
It's the vision of Ready to Read that all children in Kalamazoo County arrive at kindergarten prepared for learning. Research shows that children who are read to regularly start school with an advantage. Ready to Read encourages families to enjoy books together and enables children to have their own books. This wild and crazy spelling bee raises serious money for the program.
Borgess ProMed Pediatrics won first place in the lighthearted spelling competition followed by the Kalamazoo Gazette and WMU. Best costumes, most creative cheer, and most enthusiastic team were also recognized.
Delivering the winner’s basket to the Borgess ProMed team
Catch the event on cable access OR, better yet, come next year. And in the meantime, keep reading to all the children in your life.
- Friday November 21, 2008 - 7 pm channel 95
- Saturday November 22, 2008 - 2 pm channel 95
- Wednesday November 26, 2008 - 8 pm channel 95
- Thursday November 27, 2008 - 9 pm channel 95
- Thursday November 27, 2008 - 1 pm channel 95
- Friday November 28, 2008 - 1 pm channel 95
Great Grown-Up Spelling Bee