Downloading an eBook to an iPad or iPhone
IMPORTANT: The first time you set up your Overdrive App and login, you will need to authorize your device with a free Adobe User-name and password. Follow the directions given on the screen to connect to the Adobe site and do this.
- Go to your Apple App Store and download the free Overdrive Media Console app on your device
- Tap on the Get Books button
- You will be asked to Add a Library. Find your library by typing in your zip-code or the name Kalamazoo Public Library
- At the next screen, touch the icon next to Kalamazoo Public Library. This should bring up a new screen with Midwest Collaborative for Library Services. Select it
- Tap on the star next to this name so that your iPad will remember it
- Tap Sign-In in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Select your home library (Kalamazoo Public Library) and enter your library card account number. You will be logged in and be able to review your account
- Use the menu on the Advanced Search page to limit your search to EPUB format. You may also limit it to those items Available Now for download
- When ready to check out, tap Borrow
- Tap Go to Bookshelf
- Tap Download, making sure you’ve selected the correct format (EPUB)
- Tap Confirm and Download
- The book will immediately download in the Overdrive Media Console App
- Tap the plus symbol [+] if you would like to return and delete the book earlier than the expiration of your loan period
NOTE: iPad users may choose to download the Kindle App for their device. You may then select the Kindle format e-books to download EXCEPT those published by Penguin Publishing.