Our 3D printer is temporarily unavailable. The service will return once repairs have been made.
We appreciate your patience.
FlashForge Creator Pro 3D Printer
Kalamazoo Public Library strives to offer community access to new and emerging technologies. Explore the technology involved in printing small three-dimensional objects in plastic with a 3D printer.
The expectation is that the 3D printer will inspire interest in design, will contribute to the growth of user-created content and digital literacy, and support individual entrepreneurship.
Using our 3D Printer
The printer will be based in The Hub, KPL’s digital lab, but may be moved elsewhere on occasion for programs. The following will govern its use:
- Only designated library staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printer and be authorized to operate it
- The printer may be used only for lawful purposes and may not be used to create material that is
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law
- Unsafe, or potentially unsafe, harmful, dangerous or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights, that is, material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection
- Patrons are allowed up to 3 hour sessions to use the printer
- The library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request
- The library’s “Rules of Conduct” apply to use of the 3D printer just as they apply to all library use.