Internship – Digital Lab/Hub
Position Summary: Provides support to KPL digital lab users in identifying, planning and producing projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides consultation and technological support to all Hub users for available equipment and software.
• Provides one point of service functions and enforces Hub policies.
• Documents daily Hub usage and patron service concerns.
• Researches, develops and implements instructional design materials and projects based on user needs to include project cards, tutorials, blog posts, etc. Adds instructional tools to Spicynotes.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Currently enrolled in a college degree program.
• Strong working knowledge/experience with PC (Windows 10) and Apple platforms.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud products; Photoshop, Premier, Professional Cloud storage, Dropbox, Google Drive and iCloud.
• Video and audio editing experience with working knowledge of Windows Movie Maker, iMovie and Final Cut Pro.
• Basic understanding of 3D printing.
• Demonstration of excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel.
• Evidence of excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability.
• Evidence of strong public service orientation.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently within all areas of the library facilities. In the work environment, described below the position requires verbal and written communication with others, sitting, standing, walking; use hands to finger, handle or feel tools, objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and within library spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Salary: $11.25 per hour.
Schedule: 24 hours weekly – Required schedule: Tuesday 2pm – 8pm, Wednesday 2 pm – 8 pm, Thursday 10am – 4pm and Saturday 10am - 4pm
Follow the Submit an Online Application for Employment link at the top of this page.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.