Submit an online Application for Employment
Download a printable Application for Employment PDF
Applications may be submitted online, or in person at the Administrative Office on the 3rd floor of Central Library anytime Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
Please note: if submitting by email, please save your completed application form (PDF) to a local drive or external device first, then send as an attachment.
Current Job Openings
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
12-16 Hours per week
Oshtemo Branch Library
Position Summary: Performs general library duties which support the services of the library.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist patrons at the public desks.
• Monitor public areas.
• Instruct patrons on library policy and use of equipment.
• Enter information into databases.
• Perform clerical tasks.
• Discharge and shelve materials.
• Assist with programming as requested.
• Support other branch locations as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to communicate clearly with patrons, co-workers and supervisors.
• Ability to follow library policies and procedures, as they relate to issuing library cards, checking out items, and collecting fines and fees.
• Demonstration of excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work well with diverse populations.
• Evidence of excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability.
• Demonstrated basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
$8.50 - $10.80 per hour
12-16 hours weekly including evenings and rotating Saturdays. Must have Friday availability.
Applications available in the Administrative Office or at www.kpl.gov/jobs. Completed applications should be sent to Terry New in the Human Resources Office.
Applications accepted until position is filled.