Application for Employment PDF
Applications may be submitted in person at the Administrative Office on the 3rd floor of Central Library anytime Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
Submit by fax: 269-553-7999
Submit by email: email@example.com
Please note: if submitting electronically, please save your completed application (.pdf) to a local drive or external device first, then send as an attachment.
Current Job Openings
Position Vacancy Announcement
Central Library/ Information Technology
April 14, 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide computer/technology support to patrons using public computers including but not limited to:
o Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Picture Manager, OneNote)
o Internet Explorer, Firefox and email issues
o Library public access & print systems
o OverDrive Media Console
• Provide WiFi connectivity support for patrons in the library.
• Assist patrons with user inquiries such as printing help, addition of funds to library accounts.
• Refer patrons to reference staff for inquiries beyond the scope of technology assistance.
• Ensure public internet usage rules are consistently followed.
• Report any problem, computer, security or behavioral to appropriate party
o Computer problems to IT
o Behavioral or computer usage to security
• Set up and operate AV equipment for library and external group use in public meeting rooms.
• Maintain library use statistics and report on types of questions, frequency of requests, etc.
• Create and maintain technology blogs on KPL webpage.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to KPL policies and procedures.
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
• Currently enrolled in a college degree program in IT, MLIS or a related customer service field.
• Knowledge of PC and Mac computer systems including competency with Microsoft Office 2010 products and internet techniques including email, browsers, downloading, uploading, etc. and demonstrate ability to provide instruction in their use.
• Ability to move throughout the library assisting patrons.
• Demonstration of excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally to library staff and diverse patron population.
• Evidence of excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability.
$11.25 per hour
15-20 hours weekly to include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends. Schedule will be set by semester.
A current application and resume is required and should be sent to the attention of Terry New, Human Resources Manager. Applications are available in the Administrative Office or on our website at www.kpl.gov/jobs.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.