Submit an online Application for Employment
Download a printable Application for Employment PDF
Applications may be submitted online, or in person at the Administrative Office on the 3rd floor of Central Library anytime Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
Please note: if submitting by email, please save your completed application form (PDF) to a local drive or external device first, then send as an attachment.
Current Job Openings
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
IT Internship – Network Support
Central Library/ Patron Services/Information Technology
Summary: Provides support to the Network Systems Specialist in the day-to-day operation of computer networks and related tasks involving system installation, back-up, maintenance and problem solving. IT interns are assigned to an IT specialist but may be assigned work within other IT areas and work groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitors and manages anti-virus support and spam filter.
• Monitors and manages daily server backups.
• Monitors Netstats (bandwidth).
• Provides support to day-to-day operations of networks and servers.
• Provides basic administration of computer accounts and passwords.
• Responds to general helpdesk requests.
• Provides computer/technology support to patrons using digital lab.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Create and maintain technology blogs on KPL webpage.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Currently enrolled in a college degree program with junior or senior status in Information Technology /Computer science.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Server Technologies (e.g. Windows Server 2008, IIS, AD, DNS, etc.)
• Working knowledge of local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), Microsoft Windows operating systems, and network equipment.
• Working knowledge of e-mail system administration.
• Familiarity with telecommunication systems.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel.
• Evidence of excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently within all areas of the library facilities. In the work environment, described below the position requires verbal and written communication with others, sitting, standing, walking; use hands to finger, handle or feel tools, objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and within library spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
$11.25 per hour
15-20 hours weekly. Schedule will be set by semester.
A current application, resume and cover letter is required and should be sent to the attention of Terry New, Human Resources Manager at 315. S. Rose St. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available in the Administrative Office or on our website at www.kpl.gov/jobs.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.