Position Vacancy Announcement:
Payroll & Benefit Specialist
Position Summary: Responsible for support of the Finance Services department through administration of payroll, investment and cash transfer and benefit support. Ensures compliance with established policy and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinates and performs all payroll, benefit and accrual processes; supports staff inquiries and reporting needs; provides oversight for all payroll and benefit disbursements; ensures accuracy of salary and benefit information.
2. Verifies accuracy of payroll data using established methods and best practices.
3. Acts as liaison with payroll and attendance vendor for system update and error resolution.
4. Oversees preparation of electronic time card system for accuracy and adherence to established policy.
5. Supports benefit and accrual coverage and changes for employees, maintaining cost and coverage information with both vendors and library system records, supports information needs of management as required.
6. Authorizes and verifies all monthly payments to benefit providers for the purpose of ensuring ongoing insurance and retirement coverage for employees.
7. Identifies opportunities to support information collection for HR and payroll activities within established systems, coordinating activities and supporting administration as needed.
8. Supplies salary and fringe benefit projections for budget preparation.
9. Supports and verifies all information in payroll and benefit systems supporting W2 and 1095C as well as other state and federal reporting requirements Submits payroll reports to federal, state, and governmental agencies.
10. Initiates cash transfers to support cash flow requirements and acts as liaison with bank and investment representatives to support investment of library cash reserves per instructions from Assistant director.
11. Participates in departmental meetings, library-wide committees, and training opportunities.
12. Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree or equivalent coursework.
• Three years of experience in payroll, bookkeeping or benefit administration or related.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and become expert in integrated business systems to include troubleshooting and error resolution.
• Demonstrated proficiency in business or data information systems; must understand basic data import and export techniques including simple electronic file management.
• Demonstrated experience with ADP Payroll Systems.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently within the office and patron areas of the library and in the communities served. In the work environments described below, the position requires verbal and written conversation with others, sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting/moving objects up to 25 pounds, and use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The position occasionally requires standing, walking, sitting and speaking for extended periods of time. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
• Work environment: 90% - 100% of work is performed within an office environment.
Schedule: 40 hours weekly; Monday – Friday
Salary: 35,910-$53,910 annually
A completed application, cover letter and resume are required for consideration. You can find information on submitting an application at the top of this page.
Application Deadline: Monday, May 23rd at 5 pm