IT Internship – Web/CMS Systems Support
Central Library/Information Technology
Posted: February 10, 2017
Summary: Internship position responsible for providing support for IT department in the areas of web and CMS administration. Intern will be assigned to the Web Application Developer but will have the opportunity to experience work within other IT areas and work groups.
Database Systems Support: Provides support to the Web Application Developer in database development and maintenance, Content Management System (CMS) maintenance, web development and implementation of WordPress and custom PHP solutions. Duties to include:
• Assists with MYSQL database and web application development and maintenance in a LAMP framework.
• Assists with Word Press CMS development, maintenance and upgrade.
• Contributes to the planning, development and implementation of WordPress for an intranet environment.
• Develops widgets, forms, CSS, and dashboards.
• Contributes to the development of applications to automate workflows.
• Provides computer/technology support to patrons using digital lab.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Creates and maintains technology blogs on KPL webpage
• Currently enrolled in a college degree program in Information Technology /Computer science.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office products.
• Experience with relational database concepts and previous experience Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, HTML, XML, CSS.
• Ability to perform routine code and content releases.
• Working experience with WordPress.
• Experience in web development with proficiency in Linux (Ubuntu).
• Experience in object-oriented programming.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel.
• Evidence of excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently within all areas of the library facilities. In the work environment, described below the position requires verbal and written communication with others, sitting, standing, walking; use hands to finger, handle or feel tools, objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and within library spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Salary: $11.25 per hour
Schedule: 15-20 hours weekly. Schedule will be set by semester.
A current application and resume is required and may be submitted via the link at the top of this page.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.