The library accepts online applications only. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete the application process, please call Human Resources at 269-553-7931. The library does not accept unsolicited resumes; you may only apply for a specific job posting.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity is a fundamental principle at the Kalamazoo Public Library, where employment opportunities, development and advancement are based on job qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, height, weight, familial status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Kalamazoo Public Library’s commitment to equal opportunity is applied to all personnel policies and practices, including but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination as well as social and recreational activities. The library will make reasonable accommodations for employees and job applicants with disabilities.
The library respects the diversity that exists within our community and among our employees and strives to maintain a workplace culture based on inclusiveness where respect, equity and positive recognition of differences are cultivated.
Tips for Applicants
- You will need to have a valid email address. You will be asked to create a username and password when registering on the application website.
- Read the job posting carefully before you complete your application. Note the minimum qualifications, schedule requirements, physical demands and work environment.
- Provide details of your work history. Provide descriptions of duties and responsibilities.
- Fill out the application completely. Make sure you have everything you need to know with you: dates of previous employment, names and addresses of previous employers, supervisor’s name and contact information. Demonstrate in your application why you are qualified for this position.
- Read and follow instructions carefully. Ensure that you complete all application requirements listed on the job posting. Incomplete applications may not be accepted.
- Submit materials electronically. You will have the ability to add your resume and cover letter to your application.
- Read the attestation carefully before signing and submitting your application.
Current Job Listings
IT Internship - Central Library
Summary: Provides support to Kalamazoo Public Library’s Information Technology department in the provision of technical support for hardware, software, and network devices through the library system; web content development and maintenance; and day-to-day operation of computer networks and related tasks involving system installation, back-up, maintenance, and problem solving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides support to end-users for PCs, hardware, software, peripheral, and mobile tech devices to include installation, upgrade, diagnostics, maintenance, and repair.
• Responds to general help desk requests.
• Provides computer/technology support to patrons using the digital lab.
• Provides support to day-to-day operations of networks and servers.
• Provides basic administration of computer accounts and passwords.
• Assists with web development, content migration, and maintenance in a WordPress/LAMP framework.
• Contributes to the planning, development, and implementation of the WordPress website environments.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Currently enrolled in a college degree program in Information Technology/Computer Science or related.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Server Technologies (e.g. Windows Server 2008, IIS, AD, DNS, etc.)
• Familiarity with telecommunication systems.
• Strong knowledge/experience with PC hardware/software, server hardware and latest operating systems, network connectivity and communications.
• Experience with Apple iOS and OS.
• Working Experience with WordPress, PHP, HTML, XML, CSS.
• Ability to perform routine code and content editing.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
• Evidence of excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability.
Schedule: 15-20 hours weekly; Monday – Friday. Schedule set by semester.
Salary: $11.25 per hour
Apply: A current employment application and resume is required for consideration. Follow the Submit an Online Application for Employment link at the top of this page.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.