Submit an online Application for Employment
Download a printable Application for Employment PDF
Applications may be submitted online, or in person at the Administrative Office on the 3rd floor of Central Library anytime Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
Please note: if submitting by email, please save your completed application form (PDF) to a local drive or external device first, then send as an attachment.
Current Job Openings
Position Vacancy Announcement
IT Internship – Digital Lab
Summary: Provides support to KPL digital lab users in identifying, planning and producing projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides consultation and technological support to all Hub users for available equipment and software.
• Provides one point of service functions and enforces Hub policies.
• Documents daily Hub usage and patron service concerns.
• Researches, develops and implements instructional design materials and projects based on user needs to include project cards, tutorials, blog posts, etc. Adds instructional tools to Spicynodes.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Currently enrolled in a college degree program in Information Technology /Computer science or Library Science.
• Strong working knowledge/experience with PC (Windows 7) and Apple (OSX).
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud products; Photoshop, Premier, Professional Cloud storage, Dropbox, Google Drive and iCloud.
• Video and audio editing experience with working knowledge of Windows Movie Maker, iMovie and Final Cut Pro.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel.
• Evidence of excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability.
• Evidence of strong public service orientation.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently within all areas of the library facilities. In the work environment, described below the position requires verbal and written communication with others, sitting, standing, walking; use hands to finger, handle or feel tools, objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and within library spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
$11.25 per hour
15 hours weekly to include: Tuesday 3pm – 8pm, Thursday 10am – 3 pm and Saturday 10am - 3pm
A current application, resume and cover letter is required and should be sent to the attention of Terry New, Human Resources Manager at 315. S. Rose St. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 or email@example.com. Applications are available in the Administrative Office or on our website at www.kpl.gov.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.