Submit an online Application for Employment
Download a printable Application for Employment PDF
Applications may be submitted online, or in person at the Administrative Office on the 3rd floor of Central Library anytime Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
Please note: if submitting by email, please save your completed application form (PDF) to a local drive or external device first, then send as an attachment.
Current Job Openings
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
16-20 Hours per week
Position Summary: Performs general library duties which support the services of the library.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist patrons at the public desks.
• Monitor public areas.
• Instruct patrons on library policy and use of equipment.
• Enter information into databases.
• Perform clerical tasks.
• Discharge and shelve materials.
• Assist with programming as requested.
• Support other branch locations as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to communicate clearly with patrons, co-workers and supervisors.
• Ability to follow library policies and procedures, as they relate to issuing library cards, checking out items, and collecting fines and fees.
• Demonstration of excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work well with diverse populations.
• Evidence of excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability.
• Demonstrated basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
$8.50 - $10.80 per hour
12-16 hours weekly including evenings and rotating weekends.
Applications available in the Administrative Office or at www.kpl.gov
Completed applications should be sent to Terry New in the Human Resources Office.
Applications accepted until position filled.