Peep Book Diorama Contest
- Submissions Due:
- Saturday, March 30, 2013
- 9 am - 5 pm
- Public Voting:
- April 1-6, 2013
- Open hours
- Central Library, Children's Room
1st Place in the 0-5 category goes to: Austin T. (top photo)
1st place in the 6-11 category goes to: Gracie L. (middle photo)
2nd place in the 6-11 category goes to: Miranda G. and Sofia K. (bottom photo)
Winners may claim their prizes through Friday, April 12 at Central Library Children's Room. Congratulations and thank you for participating!
Create a diorama using Peeps!
Make a diorama of a book title, a scene from a book, or book character you love using Peeps, a shoe box, and whatever else your imagination can think up! Enter your creation in our contest, have fun, and win prizes. Submissions accepted at Central Library Children's Room on Saturday, March 30, 9 am - 5 pm. Public voting will take places during the week of April 1-6. Winners will be announced via here on Monday, April 8 at 10 am.
Rules and Guidelines
- All dioramas must use a cardboard box and at least one marshmallow peep.
- All dioramas must depict a children’s book title, character, or scene. Projects will be judged for creativity and skill.
- Dioramas must fit within a 12 x 12 inch space and be no taller than 2 ft.
- All entries must be completely original creations. No designs from websites will be accepted.
- We assume that 0-5 year olds will have help with this project but it must be an original idea from the child with only minor assistance from a parent.
- Team entries are permitted. Team entries will be judged in the category of the oldest participant.
- Completed dioramas must be delivered to the Children’s Desk at Central Library on Saturday, March 30, 2013 between 9 am and 5 pm.
- An entry form with title and description of the diorama must be submitted with each diorama. Entry forms are available in the Children's Room.
- Public viewing and judging will be conducted during the week of April 1-6.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 10 am on the library’s website.