Sing-Along Music for Kids
Books with Songs to Sing Along
- There Was an Old Monster
- Emberley, Rebecca
Call Number: J 782.42 EMBE
- In this variation on the traditional cumulative rhyme, a monster swallows ants, a lizard, a bat, and other creatures to try to cure a stomach ache that began when he swallowed a tick. Sing along with the online song linked from the book!
- Knick Knack Paddy Whack
- Roslonek, Steve
Call Number: J 784 KNIC
- An illustrated version of the traditional counting song that tells of the ten things "this old man" played before he came rolling home. Includes a singalong CD!
- Gobble It Up!: A Fun Song about Eating!
- Arnosky, Jim
Call Number: JE ARNO
- Youngsters can sing along with renowned naturalist Arnosky as he shows them how animals gobble up food in the wild. Includes an audio CD.
- I'm a Manatee
- Lithgow, John
Call Number: JE L
- As a little boy falls asleep, his pet guinea pig's water bottle begins to leak, filling the room with water, and the boy imagines himself to be a manatee. So begins this ocean adventure. The score to the song is provided, along with a CD of Lithgow singing the song and an instrumental track.
- The Peter Yarrow Songbook: Let's Sing Together
- Yarrow, Peter
- Lyrics plus chords and a recording of some favorite folk songs. Includes 12 song CD performed by Peter Yarrow & Bethany Yarrow.
- Down at the Sea Hotel: a Greg Brown Song
- Levert, Mireille
Call Number: J 784 Down
- A storybook-music CD featuring lullabies written by several celebrated songwriters of our time (Neil Young, Carole King, Don Henley, Nanci Griffith, Tom Waits...) and performed by artists presently signed to the prestigious Minnesota roots music label Red House Records.
- Slumber Party Sing-Along, Vol. 1
- Various Artists
Stock Number: CMD955226C
- Become the star of your next slumber party bash with instrumental versions of hits from the cast of High School Musical, Hannah Montana, and the Jonas Brothers.
- Rockin' Tots' Favorites
- Various Artists
Stock Number: GCD001082C
- Get ready to groove with two discs filled with high-energy, lively songs designed for singing and dancing.
- Here Come the 123s
- They Might Be Giants
Stock Number: UMM107840C
- Follow-up to the popular Here Come the ABCs from the Grammy Award winners. Includes original songs and music videos that will make learning numbers fun and entertaining for children and parents.
- Family Favorites
- Biscuit Brothers
Stock Number: BKM006582C
- The Biscuit Brothers got together for this 2007 release that features all kinds of traditional favorites that kids will love for years to come. Includes classics like Old Dan Tucker; Skip to My Lou; Yankee Doodle; Grand Old Flag; and more.
- Animal Crackers
- Wee Hairy Beasties
Stock Number: RYK013626C
- Cyril the Karaoke Squirrel, Marjorie the Singing Bee, Monkey Double Dippey, and Devil in a Woodpile believe that children's music should appeal to young and old alike. Here they combine blues, swing, country, and rock for a crowd-pleasing sound.
- You'll Sing a Song and I'll Sing a Song
- Ella Jenkins
Stock Number: SFY501023C
- Ella Jenkins' classic album features a combination of sing-alongs, historical songs, and songs from all over the globe. Original songs and arrangements sung by Ella Jenkins with members of the Urban Gateways Children's Chorus.
- Songs to Grow on for Mother and Child
- Woody Guthrie
Stock Number: SFY503522C
- Woody Guthrie sings songs that are filled with charm and simplicity that will delight both young and old. In this collection there are songs that teach counting, encourage play, and songs of love.