Online Library Catalogs
Michigan's State-wide Library Catalog
- MeLCat - Michigan eLibrary Catalog
- Looking for a specific book, movie or musical recording that's not available in Kalamazoo Public Library's online catalog? You may be able to borrow that item from one of 200+ libraries across the state via MeL, the Michigan Electronic Library.
Local Online Library Catalogs
- Ann Arbor District Library
- The Ann Arbor District Library web site includes information ranging from access to the online catalog to community programming events and everything in-between.
- Berrien Springs Community Library
- Berrien Springs Community Library provides access to its online catalog, internet search tools, and a schedule of library events
- Detroit Public Library
- The largest library in Michigan, Detroit Public Library possesses unique collections, a career center, internet lab, an array of research tools, and sponsors community and library programming and events.
- Grand Rapids Public Library
- The Grand Rapids Public Library's web site contains information about their catalog, library collections and services, news about programming, and an array of online resources.
- Lakeland Library Cooperative
- Here is where you'll find 41 of West Michigan's finest libraries serving the information, education, and recreation needs of residents.
- Library of Michigan
- The state library of Michigan has information about museum exhibits, special collections, research tools, and grant writing opportunities and resources.
- Library of Michigan Service for the Blind & Physically Handicapped
- Offers non-print formats and books and magazines on cassette, in Braille, or large print.
- Metro Net Library Consortium
- A Michigan non-profit public library consortium, this site provides electronic library resources and links to library sites and catalogs for the Detroit area.
- Michigan Library Association
- The Michigan Library Association is a professional organization dedicated to the support of its members, to the advancement of librarianship, and to the promotion of quality library service for citizens of Michigan.
- Michigan Library Consortium
- A full-service library agency, the Michigan Library Consortium collects library resources from all over the state in order to share and distribute widely.
- Michigan Library Directory
- The online directory contains the most up to date information for approximately 2000 libraries and library related organizations in Michigan.
- Michigan State University Libraries
- Access the Michigan State University library catalog, explore their special collections, locate a journal article, or browse the many academic research databases and online resources for information.
- Rochester Hills Public Library
- The Rochester Hills Public Library's web site features their catalog, programs, community information, online databases, and young adult services.
National Library Resources
- American Library Association
- ALA offers professional services and publications to members and nonmembers, including online news stories, job postings, scholarship opportunities, events schedule, and analysis of crucial issues.
- Library of Congress
- The Library of Congress web site features a wide array of information about books, archival collections, U.S. history, legislative resources, and a searchable catalog.
- Library of Congress Hispanic Reading Room
- The Hispanic Reading Room serves as the primary access point for research relating to those parts of the world encompassing the geographical areas of the Caribbean, Latin America, and Iberia; the indigenous cultures of those areas; and peoples throughout the world historically influenced by Luso-Hispanic heritage, including Latinos in the U.S., and peoples of Portuguese or Spanish heritage in Africa, Asia, and Oceania.
- Presidential Libraries
- National Archives and Records Administration's presidential libraries and museums website.