North side of W Water St, east of N Church St.
Located in former warehouse behind the Lawrence & Chapin iron works on North Rose Street. Not really a theatre, but opened and operated with novelty-act pretensions from Dec 14, 1903 to Mar 18, 1906.
“Munger is in Charge”
The following description appeared in the Kalamazoo Gazette in October 1904, at the beginning of the Palace’s second season of operation.
“Kalamazoo Amusement Palace will open October 24, with roller skating and as an added attraction, the great Rexos, who are favorably known here.
Under the management of W. E. Munger, the ‘palace’ has assumed an entirely different and improved look from last year.
Spectators’ seats are arranged on a handsome balcony on the east side of the house and about 350 chairs have been provided.
The entrance will face on Rose street and will be one of neat architectural design.
An illuminate transparency will light up the entrance at the street and a 12-foot sidewalk will lead up to it.
The band stand has been moved to the east side of the hall, and a band will furnish music, instead of an orchestra, which will be another great improvement. The entire palace is being cleaned and will be redecorated. New skates are being added and Kalamazoo this winter will have one of the finest amusement emporiums in the state.”
—Kalamazoo Gazette, 12 October 1904
Downtown Kalamazoo Theatres: map and index