Miller Station School

Location: District #14 - Section 28, southwest corner of ML Avenue and 6th Street.

Miller Station, also known as Miller, was a place on the Michigan Central Railroad. Miller Station School appears to have been absorbed into the Oshtemo Community School after the 1953-54 school year.

Teachers

1925-26 Eliza Kucks
1927-28 Estella Buckham
1929-31 Georgia Shaw
1931-36 Molly Smith
1936-42 Mable Lawton
1942-43 Thelma Vanderhoff 
1943-45 Mable Lawton
1945-46 closed
1946-48 Mable Lawton
1948-49 Dorothy Boot
1949-50 Edith L. Choate
1951-52 Edith Schreer 
1952-54 Ruth Sheppard

Sources

Maps and atlases

Atlas of Kalamazoo County, Michigan

  • Chicago: H. C. Maley, 1913
  • H 912.77417 K1410
  • History Room atlas case, left shelf #1

USGS topographic map for Kalamazoo County, 1916 (Kalamazoo Quadrangle)

  • History Room map case, left drawer #1

Files

Directory of teachers and school officers, Kalamazoo County, 1925-1955

  • Shelved in a pamphlet box with H 379.774 K149 (History Room Storage)