Bronson Park Historic District

districts-bronson-500 

Reflecting Pool and Band Shell, Bronson Park
Source: Photo by Alex Forist, 2006

Description

The Bronson Park Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places on 27 May 1983. The district is bounded by S. Rose, S. Park, W. Lovell, and W. Michigan Aves. Covering 16.6 acres, the district contains 17 buildings and 1 structure.

National Register Information

The following information reflects the manner in which Bronson Park Historic District is categorized by the National Register of Historic Places and the Michigan State Historic Preservation Office

Subjects:

  • Event
  • Architecture/Engineering
  • Architecture
  • Art
  • Politics/Government
  • Religion

Historic Use:

  • Recreation and Culture

Current Use:

  • Recreation and Culture

Architect/Builder:

  • Aymar Embury
  • Charles Zeller Klauder
  • Gordon W. Lloyd
  • Smith, Hinchman and Grylls

Significant Person:

  • Titus Bronson
  • Alfonso Ianelli

Owners:

  • Private
  • Local Government
  • Federal

Architectural Style:

  • Late Victorian
  • Mixed (More than two styles from different periods)

Period of Significance:

  • 1826-1865

National Register Information System Item Number:

  • 83000855

Sources

Websites

National Register of Historic Places Official Website--Part of the National Park Service

National Register of Historic Places

The Official Website of the City of Kalamazoo

Michigan.Gov - Center for Geographic Information - Department of Information Technology