West Main Street Elementary School, c1940
The West Main Street School was designed in 1925 by the artitectural firm Billingham & Cobb. Henry L. Vanderhorst served as contractor, and construction was completed in 1926. The West Main Street School served as an elementary school within Kalamazoo Public Schools until 1980.
West Main School Professional Development Center, 2009
Following the close of the West Main Street Elementary School in 1980, the building underwent renovation and in 2002, reopened under its current name. Today, the building functions as a training and retraining facility for the staff and faculty of Kalamazoo Public Schools.