Austin-Sill House, c1955
Around 1846, Benjamin Austin built this Greek Revival house on the corner of Lovell and Rose. In the 1850s, Dr. Joseph Sill purchased the house and moved it around the corner, to 226 W. Lovell in order to build the "Sill Terrace" luxury apartments on the house's original location. Dr. Sill lived in the house until his death in 1907.
Read the story: Lovell St., W., Austin-Sill House
Austin-Sill House, 2009
Today, the Austin-Sill house remains on the location to which Dr. Sill had it moved in the 1850s. Over the years, it has had a number of uses and occupants including the Hirsch and Hirsch law firm, and its current resident, Elina Elite Organic Skin Care.