Barbour Hall Academy, Northwest Corner of Gull and Nazareth Roads, c.1940
Pictured here is the 1908 addition to the original 1902 structure which was dedicated to the mother of Levi Barbour, a Detroit lawyer who supplied funds for its construction. It was built to serve as the campus's 'boys' school', Nazareth Academy previously being opened only to girls.
Former Site of Barbour Hall Academy, Corner of Gull and Nazareth Roads, 2011
Declining enrollment during the 1970s led to the closing of Barbour Hall in 1979 and its subsequent demolition the following year. Today, the site is a green space still located within the bounds of the Sisters of Saint Joseph's Nazareth complex.