447 West Vine Street, c1956
Justus Burdick, one of Kalamazoo's earliest residents, built this house on Exchange Place in 1838. After the death of Justus Burdick, the house was moved to Rose Street and became the Nicholas Hotel. In 1887, to accomdate the construction of the Academy of Music, the house was moved to its present location on the corner of Vine and Westnedge.
447 West Vine Street, 2009
The house now serves as a multi-unit apartment complex.