15. Bronson Park Cannon, 2005
Cannon, Bronson Park, Kalamazoo, 2005. This ten inch Columbiad was brought to Kalamazoo in 1890 as a veterans' memorial and was located for many years at the northeast corner of the courthouse square. When the new courthouse was built in 1935, the cannon was moved to Memorial Park on Blakeslee. The park later became the site of the Kalamazoo Regional Psychiatric Hospital's Northwest Unit. In 1986, the cannon was moved again to its present location in Bronson Park by the Kalamazoo Civil War Memorial Committee. A complete history of the cannon can be found in a scrapbook housed in the Kalamazoo Public Library (H 973.7 K14). Photographed by Alex Forist, June 2005.