I just searched for, found, and checked out a movie in two minutues flat. And you can too. That's 120 seconds to get a library material! Many of us might be used to getting things that we want fast; but if you think about it, this is pretty amazing. Our library has done a lot to make it that way. Here's how I did it:
- kpl.gov, clicked on "catalog," then clicked "movie search" (12 seconds)
- typed in "inglourious basterds," enter (6 seconds)
- told me many copies were available at Central Branch, Audiovisual Collection--in ACTION (7 seconds)
- went to lower level, AV department, ACTION, found alphebetically under "I" (26 seconds)
- went straight to self check out, right next to movies (4 seconds)
- checked out movie using the very fast and easy self check out station (12 seconds)
Ok, I lied...it took more like 67 seconds. Try to beat me (no running).
I would tell you what I thought of the movie, but haven't watched it yet; that will take 2 hours, 33 minutes.