Here is my Best of Summer list of 10 great albums to listen to while the wind runs through your hair and you trek westward to Lake Michigan’s beautiful coast for fun under the sun. What do you like to listen to when the Coppertone goes on thick and your wayfarers solidify your cool?
- Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys
- Summerteeth by Wilco
- Weezer by Weezer
- Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain by Pavement
- Bug by Dinosaur Jr.
- The Soft Bulletin by The Flaming Lips
- Paul’s Boutique by The Beastie Boys
- Once We Were Trees by Beachwood Sparks
- Rubber Soul by The Beatles
- It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back by Public Enemy
Posted by Ryan Gage at 05/19/2009 01:09:47 PM |
|All excellent choices! I'll listen to Pet Sounds and Rubber Soul all year round (though the former affects me most in winter and the latter in the fall). Soft Bulletin is a spring album for me. Which Weezer is your summer Weezer - blue, green, or red? Any raucous "Our Band Could Be Your Life" acts (like Dinosaur Jr.) are required summer listening for me... also '70's soul, power-pop, '60's Northern Soul/Motown, Nuggets comps, vintage instrumental rock and roll (surf bands, Link Wray), and my '70's K-tel LPs. The Zombies' Odessey and Oracle may be my number one summer album.|
Posted by: Karl ( Email ) at 5/20/2009 12:04 PM