Here is my Best of Summer list of 10 great albums to listen to while the wind runs through your hair and you trek westward to Lake Michigan’s beautiful coast for fun under the sun. What do you like to listen to when the Coppertone goes on thick and your wayfarers solidify your cool?
- Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys
- Summerteeth by Wilco
- Weezer by Weezer
- Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain by Pavement
- Bug by Dinosaur Jr.
- The Soft Bulletin by The Flaming Lips
- Paul’s Boutique by The Beastie Boys
- Once We Were Trees by Beachwood Sparks
- Rubber Soul by The Beatles
- It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back by Public Enemy