Kalamazoo Foundation Funds Policy
- Adopted: December 20, 1994
- Effective: December 20, 1994
1. Monies in all accounts at the Kalamazoo Foundation are meant to augment, not supplant library operational funds. Private giving is not intended to substitute for public funding of Library operations.
2. For expenditures in excess of $1,000 a recommendation will be brought to the full board for approval. Upon board approval the president and director will sign any funding application required by the Foundation.
3. For expenditures less than $1,000 a recommendation will be brought to the Finance & Budget Committee and it will inform the full board at the next regularly scheduled meeting. The director will sign any funding application required by the Foundation.
Paying for a speaker for National Library Week, purchase of a specialized acquisition over and above the approved materials budget, or acquisition of artwork.
Paying for utility costs, normal operational upkeep, purchase of supplies, and replacement of approved expenditures within the budget.