Kalamazoo Public Library (KPL) recognizes the value of the online world and seeks to engage with our users in mutually beneficial and meaningful dialogue through social media platforms and other online forums. KPL’s presence on social media provides a public forum to facilitate the sharing of ideas, opinions and information about library-related subjects and issues.
While KPL encourages an open exchange of ideas online, it maintains the rights to moderate, edit, delete, move or close any post or comment at any time without warning or explanation.
- Comments and posts containing the following content are unacceptable:
- Comments substantially off-topic or unrelated to the original post
- Copyright or trademark violations
- Defamatory or libelous comments
- Personal attacks of any kind
- Use of racist, obscene, threatening or harassing language
- Commercial material, advertisements, chain letters, and solicitations
- Spam and multiple disruptive or repetitive messages
Information shared with or posted to official KPL pages is also subject to the Terms of Service of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes. For more information, consult the host website’s Terms of Service.
Comments and posts by library users do not necessarily reflect the official position of KPL or its staff. All comments and posts are public records.
Policy adopted May 23, 2011
Policy effective May 23, 2011
Revisions adopted March 28, 2016