“It’s kinda cool to read new books before anyone else can.”
“The Galley Group is lots of fun. We get to meet new people, read new books and EAT!!!”
“It allows me to discuss and communicate with others on their feelings toward the books.”
“I look forward to coming, discussing what we read, and learning how to write good reviews.”
What’s everyone talking about?
Kalamazoo Public Library hosts one of just 15 groups selected for the YA Galley program of the Young Adult Library Services Association.
Galley Review Group members:
- Read new books written for teens, sometimes months before they are even published.
- Learn how to write good annotations of your favorite books.
- Review the books online. Publishers really appreciate hearing your feedback about their newest titles. Your comments might be printed on the back cover of the finished book!
- Nominate books for YALSA’s annual Teens Top Ten list, based on these criteria
- Meet once a month with other teens who like to read and talk about books.
New members are welcome at every meeting so come and bring a friend.