KPL provides access to the Internet via a high speed wireless network (KPLWiFi) at all KPL locations during open hours.
How to Connect
To connect to KPLWiFi you will need a wireless enabled laptop, tablet or mobile device. All visitors may use KPLWiFi free of charge. No encryption settings, user names, or passwords are required. However, you must agree to abide by the library’s Internet Use Policy to connect. After you click the I Agree button (bottom of the page), you will be taken to Kalamazoo Public Library’s website.
A laptop, tablet or mobile device with Wi-Fi capability that supports the WiFi standard, IEEE 802.11b or g. Your battery should be charged for portable use.
1. Right-click on the network icon (looks like two small screens)
2. Click Connect to a Network
3. Select KPLWiFi, click Connect
4. If prompted with a warning message, click Connect Anyway
1. Select Apple menu, then System Preference, then Network
2. Select TCP/IP tab and configure Using DHCP
3. Above the TCP/IP tab, you may need to configure via AirPort or other wireless (WiFi) Ethernet
4. Leave Domain Name Servers and Search Domains blank
If you aren’t able to connect, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
• Enable your wireless card
• Try a different web browser
• Delete your cookies or temporary internet files
• Reboot your device
• Change your network settings:
WEP — disable WEP encryption
Mode or Network Type — Access Point
DHCP — Obtain an IP address automatically
DNS — Obtain DNS server address automatically
KPL cannot guarantee the safety of your traffic across the library’s wireless network. Information sent to or from your laptop can be captured by anyone with a wireless device and appropriate software, within up to 300 feet from library buildings.
The library is not responsible for any changes you make to your computer’s settings to use KPL’s wireless network or for the security or integrity of files on your laptop resulting from connection to the network.