The library provides computers for public use at all library locations during normal open hours.
- Reserve a library public personal computer from your home, office, or mobile device.
- Familiar Windows 7 operating systemsNew!
- High speed Internet access
- Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Office 2010 Suite:
- —Word (word processing, writing)
- —Excel (spreadsheets)
- —PowerPoint (presentations)
- —Publisher (graphics, publications)
- —Access (database)
- —OneNote (note taking, organization)
- Microsoft Picture Manager
- Microsoft Clip Organizer
- Assistive Technologies: Windows-Eyes, ZoomText
- CD Burning/Erasing Software: Roxio Creator
- Typing tutorials: TypeFaster
- Dedicated subscription database access
(Configurations may vary according to location.)
Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a two hour per day limit for Internet computer usage for KPL cardholders. Limited passes for guest users are also available. Reserve a computer.
Printing is available on all public PCs. Cost is 10¢ per page for standard 8½x11 paper (black and white, one-sided only). Pay at the Service Desk or online.
Free WiFi Internet access is available at all library locations for patrons and guests with their own devices.
KPL offers basic support by experienced technology interns. (Please note that the interns offer short personal tutorials, not lengthy training sessions)
- Hours vary
- Call 269-553-7801 to learn when an intern will be available.
Interns can help you with a variety of concerns:
- how to set up an email account or send attachments via email
- how to use word processing or print documents
- how to complete online forms or upload a resume
- how to save documents on a flash drive or CD
- how to search for a job or set up social networking
- how to connect to KPL’s wireless network (wifi)