Application for Employment PDF
Applications may be submitted in person at the Administrative Office on the 3rd floor of Central Library anytime Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
Submit by fax: 269-553-7999
Submit by email: email@example.com
Please note: if submitting electronically, please save your completed application (.pdf) to a local drive or external device first, then send as an attachment.
Current Job Openings
Position Vacancy Announcement
September 16, 2014
Government Information Intern
Adult Services Department
Position Summary: The Kalamazoo Public Library serves as a federal depository library in the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) and holds several historical Michigan government, Kalamazoo city and county government materials. The Government Information Intern provides support in maintaining the physical and electronic collection of government information at KPL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes Federal Depository materials and local government documents received.
• Checks in materials sent by EPA, MiDEQ and other regional government agencies to KPL repository for public review.
• Re-shelves federal and state documents in closed storage collection.
• Assists with weeding and disposal of tangible Federal Depository materials, according to the Minnesota Region U.S. Depository Publications Disposal Guide.
o Types withdrawal lists and offers lists of documents to be offered to Minnesota Regional library and the wider depository library community.
o Mails out documents requested by other libraries from our offers lists.
o Manually discards documents approved for disposals.
• Updates and maintains paper records.
• Other tasks related to distribution and maintenance of tax forms displays as assigned.
• Currently enrolled in MLIS or MLS program, or as undergraduate student in History, Political Science or related program.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Outlook
and internet research, including library catalog searches.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally to library staff and diverse patron population.
• Evidence of excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability.
• Familiarity with library systems and processes, including the Dewey Decimal, Library of Congress and Superintendent of Documents classification systems.
Salary: $10.00 an hour.
Schedule: 8 hours weekly, times to be determined per mutual availability of intern and supervisor. Schedule may be revised as needed, per semester.
A current application, resume and cover letter is required and should be sent to the attention of Terry New, Human Resources Manager at 315. S. Rose St. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available in the Administrative Office or on our website at www.kpl.gov.
Deadline for applications: Friday, September 26, 2014 at 5:00 pm