Submit an online Application for Employment
Download a printable Application for Employment PDF
Applications may be submitted online, or in person at the Administrative Office on the 3rd floor of Central Library anytime Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
Please note: if submitting by email, please save your completed application form (PDF) to a local drive or external device first, then send as an attachment.
Current Job Openings
Position Vacancy Announcement
IT Internship – Database Systems Support
Central Library/ Patron Services/Information Technology
Summary: Internship position responsible for providing support for IT department in the areas of database and web administration. Intern will be assigned to the Web and Database Systems Specialist but will have the opportunity to experience work within other IT areas and work groups.
Database Systems Support: Provides support to the Web and Database Systems Specialist in database development and maintenance, Content Management System (CMS) maintenance, web development and implementation of SharePoint.
Duties to include:
• Assists with SQL database and web application development and maintenance in a .NET framework.
• Assists with CMS development, maintenance and upgrade.
• Contributes to the planning, development and implementation of SharePoint for an intranet environment.
• Develops widgets, WebParts, My Pages, and dashboards.
• Contributes to the development of applications to automate workflows.
• Provides computer/technology support to patrons using digital lab.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Creates and maintains technology blogs on KPL webpage.
• Currently enrolled in a college degree program with junior or senior status in Information Technology /Computer science.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office products.
• Experience with relational database concepts and previous experience utilizing MS SQL Server 2008, IIS 7.0, HTML, XML, CSS, Crystal Reports XI, and MS Access/VBA.
• Ability to perform routine code and content releases.
• Working experience with SharePoint 2010.
• Experience in web development with proficiency in Visual Studio.
• Experience in object-oriented programming.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel.
• Evidence of excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently within all areas of the library facilities. In the work environment, described below the position requires verbal and written communication with others, sitting, standing, walking; use hands to finger, handle or feel tools, objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and within library spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
$11.25 per hour
15-20 hours weekly. Schedule will be set by semester.
A current application and resume is required and should be sent to the attention of Terry New, Human Resources Manager at 315. S. Rose St. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available in the Administrative Office or on our website at www.kpl.gov.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.