Submit an online Application for Employment
Download a printable Application for Employment PDF
Applications may be submitted online, or in person at the Administrative Office on the 3rd floor of Central Library anytime Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
Please note: if submitting by email, please save your completed application form (PDF) to a local drive or external device first, then send as an attachment.
Current Job Openings
Position Vacancy Announcement
IT Internship –Desktop Systems Support
Central Library/Information Technology
Position Summary: Internship position responsible for providing support to the Desktop Systems Specialist in the provision of technical support for hardware, software, and network devices throughout the library system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides support to end-users for PCs, hardware, software, peripheral and mobile tech devices to include installation, upgrade, diagnostics, maintenance and repair.
• Responds to general helpdesk requests.
• Assists with organization of inventory and electronic recycling.
• Provides computer/technology support to patrons using digital lab.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Creates and maintains technology blogs on KPL webpage.
• Currently enrolled in a college degree program with junior or senior status in Information Technology /Computer science.
• Strong knowledge/experience with PC hardware/software, server hardware and latest operating systems, network connectivity and communications
• Working knowledge of Windows 7 and XP and the ability to install integrate and support these operating systems.
• Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot MS Office 2007 and 2010.
• Experience with Apple iOS and OS.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel.
• Evidence of excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently within all areas of the library facilities. In the work environment, described below the position requires verbal and written communication with others, sitting, standing, walking; use hands to finger, handle or feel tools, objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and within library spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
$11.25 per hour
15-20 hours weekly. Schedule will be set by semester.
A current application and resume is required and should be sent to the attention of Terry New, Human Resources Manager at 315. S. Rose St. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 or email@example.com. Please specify on your application which internship you are applying for. Applications are available in the Administrative Office or on our website at www.kpl.gov.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.