Oshtemo Branch Winners!! New!
Here are the winners of the LEGO Contest at Oshtemo Branch Library (by age category):
0 – 5 years
- 1st place: Max K.
- 2nd place: Isac R.
- 3rd place: Devin S.G.
6 – 8 years
- 1st place: Lawson D.
- 2nd place: Mina B.
- 3rd place (tie): Kasun W. & Molly K.
9 – 11 years
- 1st place: Alyssa B.
- 2nd place: Payden P.
- 3rd place: Zander C.
12 – 14 years
- 1st place: Joel B.
- 2nd place: Garrett O.
- 3rd place: Caleb A.
15 – 18 years
- 1st place: Bill S.
- 2nd place: Shane R.
- 3rd place: Rebekka M.
Congratulations to ALL of this year’s contestants and winners!
Show off your LEGO building skills!
Enter your original LEGO creations in the Oshtemo Branch Library LEGO Building Contest! Open to all according to age bracket*. To qualify, entries MUST be submitted on Friday, July 31, 10 am - 5 pm, at Oshtemo Branch Library.
LEGO creations will be displayed for public voting on Saturday, August 1 at the Oshtemo Branch Library during normal open hours.
Winners will be announced on the KPL website on Monday, August 3.
The LEGO Building Contest is co-sponsored by the Friends of Kalamazoo Public Library.
- All creations must use your own LEGO, DUPLO or MEGABLOCKS bricks.
- No other materials (glue, paper, etc.) are permitted in the creation of your entry.
- Entries must fit within a 12 x 12 x 12 inch space.
- If your creation has multiple pieces, you must provide cardboard or other solid surface to display your creation on.
- All entries must be completely original creations. No designs from LEGO, websites, books, etc. will be accepted.
- Team entries are permitted. Teams entries will be judged in the category of the oldest participant.
- Completed projects must be delivered to the library location (OSH or CEN) during open hours the day before the public display.
- An entry form must be submitted with each original LEGO creation. Forms may be obtained when you drop off your creation at the library.
- Public viewing and voting will be conducted at the library location where you entered your creation.
- Winners will be announced via KPL’s website the Monday following the public display and contest.
- Lego creations MUST be picked up the Monday following the public display, during open hours.
Please note: Every effort will be made to return all bricks to their original owner. Projects will be on display to the public.