Show off your LEGO building skills!
Enter your original LEGO creations in the Oshtemo Branch Library LEGO Building Contest! Open to all according to age bracket*. To qualify, entries MUST be submitted on Friday, July 31, 10 am - 5 pm, at Oshtemo Branch Library.
LEGO creations will be displayed for public voting on Saturday, August 1 at the Oshtemo Branch Library during normal open hours.
Winners will be announced on the KPL website on Monday, August 3.
The LEGO Building Contest is co-sponsored by the Friends of Kalamazoo Public Library.
- All creations must use your own LEGO, DUPLO or MEGABLOCKS bricks.
- No other materials (glue, paper, etc.) are permitted in the creation of your entry.
- Entries must fit within a 12 x 12 x 12 inch space.
- If your creation has multiple pieces, you must provide cardboard or other solid surface to display your creation on.
- All entries must be completely original creations. No designs from LEGO, websites, books, etc. will be accepted.
- Team entries are permitted. Teams entries will be judged in the category of the oldest participant.
- Completed projects must be delivered to the library location (OSH or CEN) during open hours the day before the public display.
- An entry form must be submitted with each original LEGO creation. Forms may be obtained when you drop off your creation at the library.
- Public viewing and voting will be conducted at the library location where you entered your creation.
- Winners will be announced via KPL’s website the Monday following the public display and contest.
- Lego creations MUST be picked up the Monday following the public display, during open hours.
Please note: Every effort will be made to return all bricks to their original owner. Projects will be on display to the public.