MeLCat services have been temporarily suspended until December 11 due to technical reasons. Learn more...
Borrow from Libraries Statewide!
If you can't find something in Kalamazoo Public Library’s online catalog, you may be able to borrow it from one of 170+ libraries across the state via MeL, the Michigan Electronic Library.
The MeL Catalog (MeLCat) includes most items held in participating libraries — millions of books, CDs, DVDs, musical scores, manuscripts, and other materials.
Who Can Borrow Through MeL?
• KPL in-district residents only
Help Searching MeLCat
• MeLCat Help
• Call KPL's Reference Desk at 269-553-7801 or Ask a Librarian online
MeL is the Michigan eLibrary, a 24/7 online library for Michigan residents.
• MeL Databases allow you instant access to full-text articles from tens of thousands of magazines and newspapers. Databases are available for kids, adults, and on specialized topics such as car repair and practice tests.
• MeLCat allows you to order books, audio books, music, movies and other materials and have them delivered to your participating library.
• MeL Michigana contains photographs, diaries, oral histories, local records and historical Michigan data.
• MeL Gateways include specialized resources such as those in health, business and areas for kids and teens.
More About MeLCat