How do I get a library card?
1. Do you live in the Kalamazoo Public Library district?
Residents, businesses, and property owners in the Kalamazoo Public Schools District (which includes the Kalamazoo Public School District, City of Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Township, and Oshtemo Township)** may apply for a KPL card (with full patron privileges) at no charge.
Please register in person* at any KPL location. Registration Guidelines »
Renew Your Card
Library cards expire every year on the date they were created. Library staff must verify your current address, phone number, and email address (if applicable) to renew your card.
- Cards must be renewed in person, with a photo ID, at any public service desk. (Reciprocal card holders will also need a current library card from their home library)
- Fines and fees must be paid in their entirety prior to card renewal
- Cards must be renewed before items can be placed on hold or checked out
- The cardholder is responsible for all materials borrowed