Location: (#1 Fractional District, with Cooper Twp) - section 1, northwest corner of B Avenue & 12th Street.
The first school in the township was built of logs in 1837 on land donated by William Finch. It was replaced by a brick school, which was demolished by a tornado in the 1880s. The building that shows on the 1910 and 1918 maps is the third Finch School. Classes last held there in 1947.
1837 Miss Powers
1925-26 Mabel Cooper
1927-28 Mary Eagan
1929-36 Bessie DeLong - also taught at Twin Lakes School
1936-38 Howard F. Bargwell - also taught at Evergreen School
1938-40 Nellie Payne
1940-43 Ruth Hollowell
1943-47 Florence A. Warnement - also taught at Oak Grove School
Compiled by Catherine Larson, Local History Specialist, Kalamazoo Public Library, 1999. Mapped October 2008. Last updated 7 March 2012.