Located at 2321 S. Park Street, the Parkwood Elementary School opened in 1921. In 1938 the construction of the Harold Upjohn School was planned. Located adjacent to the Parkwood School, the Upjohn School opened in 1939 and contained facilities for students with physical disabilities.
Read the Building Chronology: Parkwood-Upjohn Elementary School
Kalamazoo Valley Museum Photograph, 69.9.11
Today, the Parkwood-Upjohn School is still part of Kalamazoo Public Schools and serves as a K-5 elementary school.
Elizabeth Sutton, Western Michigan University, School of Art, 2010