Welcome to OneCard – a Kalamazoo Public Library and Kalamazoo Public Schools (KPS) innovative collaboration with one goal – a Kalamazoo Public Library card for every Kalamazoo Public Schools student.
OneCard was created to enrich and support KPS school instruction, complementing the resources available through school libraries with access to KPL’s physical and electronic resources.
OneCard provides participating KPS students, faculty and staff the following benefits:
- Access to all KPL print, audio/visual and online materials including:
– KPL academic databases for research, classes, college information and more
– Access to KPL language services with Rocket Languages
– Downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, music, magazines, movies and more
- Access to computers with internet at any KPL location
- Access to KPL’s state-of-the-art digital studio, The Hub
- Access to KPL’s newly revitalized Teen Studio
- Access to fun and educational programming for all ages
- All fines and fees for current KPS students with a KPL library card are waived upon enrollment
- Reduces potential barriers associated with registering for a library card, visiting KPL and accessing its collections
All KPS students are automatically enrolled at the beginning of the school year. For students grades 6-12, their student ID will also serve as their KPL library card. Elementary school students will receive a printed OneCard from KPL. Parents/caregivers have the opportunity to opt their child out of the program.
Kalamazoo Public Schools faculty and staff are also eligible for a OneCard and can use it both to enrich their curriculum as well as for personal use. Best of all, the OneCard program provides the more than 700 KPS-attending children who experience housing instability and lack a permanent address the opportunity to access all Kalamazoo Public Library has to offer.